Beef stroganoff was a huge hit at home this week. The perfect meal to share with friends and family or for any random Wednesday night. We LOVED it. It has all of the yummy flavors, without the added calories. And did we tell you it is paleo, dairy-free and whole 30.
Recently we have been enjoying throwing together these easy recipes that everyone seems to LOVE. And having fun substituting ingredients when we have forgotten them at the store. We opted for white rice, but look forward to trying out cauliflower rice down the road. We also left out onion powder (did not have any in the cupboard) and added in a little extra garlic powder.
I highly recommend grabbing the ingredients this weekend and throwing it in the crock pot for next week! Can’t wait to hear what you think.
Not only do professional baseball players love yoga, but these celebrities have enjoyed the many benefits of yoga.
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 6 hours Total Time: 6 hours 5 mins
1.5 lbs lean stew beef
½ large white onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
10 oz sliced mushrooms
1¼ cup beef broth
¼ cup coconut aminos or GF tamari soy sauce
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ cup canned coconut milk or coconut cream
3 tbsp arrowroot starch*
2 tbsp water
1. Place beef inside your slow cooker, and top with onions, mushrooms, and garlic.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together broth, soy sauce, vinegar, onion powder, and garlic powder. Pour on top of beef and vegetables.
3. Set your slow cooker to low and cook for 5 hours.
4. At the five hour mark, add coconut cream.
5. In a separate small bowl, mix together arrowroot starch and water. Add to slow cooker.
6. Let simmer for another 30 mins – 1 hour or until sauce is thickened and beef is tender.
7. Serve over cauliflower rice, or rice.
What do you love about cooking?
Photo Cred: Wholesomelicious.com